For fish dish lovers, here is a light and very tasty fish curry.
- Fish-10 pcs (rohu fish is preferable)
- Onion paste-6 tbs
- Garlic & ginger paste-2 tbps
- Turmeric powder-2 tsp
- Garam masala-1 tbps
- Mustard oil-4 tbsp
- Salt-3 tsp
- Curd/Yogurt-2 cup
- Sugar-2 tsp
- Red chilli powder-1 tsp
- Green chillies-5 pcs(cut into length wise pieces)
- water-1/2 cup
- Wash the fish properly with water,then mix with heeng(asafoetida),wash again.Now,rinse every fish piece with wheat flour and wash again so that its smell and stickiness go off.
- Marinate the fish with the 1 tsp of salt,1 tsp of turmeric powder and half of the oil and keep the mixture for 30 minutes.Keep aside.
- Beat the curd with sugar and a little of water.Add onion paste [ 2 tbps ] & chilli powder [1/2 tsp].Chillis can be skipped if desired so.Keep aside.
- Take out the marinated fish from marinating mixture & throw the residual water.
- Add marinated fish into curd paste and keep the mixture aside for 30 minutes again.
- Heat the rest of oil in deep frying pan on the flame.
- Fry the onion and garlic & ginger paste till it is well cooked and starts oozing oil.
- Add rest of turmeric powder,green chilli,garam masala and 1/2 tsp of red chilli into fry pan.Mix well and cook for half minute.
- Now add the fish mixture into the fry pan,mix well.Cover the fry pan and let it cook for 20-30 minutes on low flame.
- Ensure that fish is properly cooked,then close the flame.Keep the dish covered for 5 minutes.
- Serve hot with rice and naan.