The fenugreek [kasuri methi] is known as a wonder herb,which helps digestion,reduce cholestrol etc.Paneer is protein rich.Now a combination of these two in the following recipe gives a delicious and aromatic dish.
- Paneer 200 gms
- Dry Fenugreek leaves [kasuri methi] 4 tbsp [dry]
- Fresh cream 1/2 cup
- Cashew nut 6-8 pcs
- Green Peas 1/2 cup
- Onion 2/3 pcs
- Garam masala 1/4 tsp
- Cinnamon [dalchini] 1/2 pc
- Black cardamom 2 pcs
- Cloves 3-4 pcs
- Pepper powder 1/4 tsp
- Red chilli powder 1/4 tsp
- Green chilli 6 pcs
- Salt to the taste
- Sugar 1/2 tsp
- Refined oil 2 tbsp
- Milk 1 cup
- Grind slightly the Cashewnut to get small pieces.
- Cut paneer into small square pieces and dip in warm water for 15-20 minutes.
- Grate the onion.
- Boil the Peas.
- Grind mildly [dardara] separately dalchini,clove and black cardamom.
- Cut the chillies lengthwise.
- Heat the ghee in a pan,lower the flame.Add grated onion and fry on a very low heat till it turns pink [ not red ].
- Add grated cinnamon powder,cardamom and red chilly powder,mix well.
- Add kasuri methi,saute for a few seconds.Then add cream.Mix well and fry on a low flame for 2-3 minutes till cream becomes dry.
- Now add boiled peas, paneer pieces and cashew nut pieces,mix well and fry for 2 minutes on low heat.
- Further add milk,salt and sugar.Mix and cook for 2-3 minutes.Close the flame.
- Add garam masala and green chilly.Mix and leave the pan covered.
The methi paneer is ready.Garnish and serve hot.
Garnish with cream.
Ideal companions : naan,missi roti or paratha.