There are so many kinds of pakode or fritters which are just not mouthwatering in taste,but form popular part of Indian kitchens.Arvi ke patte ke pakode deserve special place among them!These hot pakode can be enjoyed as snacks in cool seasons or with meals.
- Arvi ke patte 6-9 leaves
- Black gram (urad daal ) 1 cup
- Green gram (Moong ki daal) 1cup
- Rice 1/4 cup
- Garam masala powder 1tsp
- Asafoetida 1/4 tsp
- Green chilli 7-8 pieces
- Garlic cloves 5-6
- Ginger 1small piece
- Lemon juice 2 lemon
- Mango powder 2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Oil for fry 1/2 cup
- Bengal gram (channa daal) 1cup
- Wash and soak black gram, bengal gram,green gram and rice in three/four separate bowls for 6 hours.Then grind each soaked gram & rice separately as suggested below :
1.grind black gram with asafoetida and green chilli.
2.grind bengal gram with garlic and green chilli.
3.grind green gram with ginger,rice and green chilli.
4.Mix mango powder and salt with each gram paste.
- Wash the leaves.If leaves have hard stems,remove them.
- Rub lemon juice on the every leave.Keep aside for about 10 m9nutes.
- Place the leaves on clean & large surface.Take one of these,place it with smooth side face down and rough side up.Apply bengal gram paste on upper surface.
- Then place another leave over first one with smooth side down,apply black gram paste.
- Now again place third leave over second one with smooth side down and apply green gram paste.
- Now roll these leaves carefully like a swiss roll.
- Repeat the process with other leaves,thus preparing several sets of leaves.
- Now the rolls are to be steamed in the steamer.If required,as an alternative,take a cooker or large pan, fill in the water nearly up to rim,cover with plain jaali and boil water.Your steamer is ready.
- Steam 2 or 3 rolls at a time as may be suitable in the steamer,placing side by side and covered with a dish or so,for about 15-20 minutes till daal pastes are cooked.
- To check whether gram pastes are cooked,insert a knife about 1 inch through the rolls.Withdraw it.If knife is clean,it suggests daal pastes are cooked.
- When done,remove the rolls slowly from steamer,put on a plate and cut the rolls into 1/2 inch thick slices.
- Heat oil in a deep pan.When steaming hot.Deep fry the slices,4-5 at a time.Ensure the slices do not break.
- [The people who do not wish to use deep fried pakode,then alternatively Heat one tbsp oil in a pan,add mustard seeds.When seeds pop up,add slices,saute on both sides for 5-6 minutes.]