Paneer is a high protein milk product and deserve to be included in the meals especially for young people.My kids like paneer dishes but now and then they demand for a paneer dish different than the usual ones..So I gave a saucy touch to paneer in a way that the dish was tastier as well as lighter & easily digestible. I was amused to find that this recipe hit their tastes buds like anything!!!!!
Why you too not try this...
- Tomatoes- 1/2 kg chopped(8 pcs medium)
- Cloves(laung)- 4 pcs
- Cornflour- 2 tsp
- Fresh Malai(cream)- 1/2 cup
- White Butter-1/4 cup
- Sugar- 11/2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Red chilli powder- 1/2 tsp
- Garam masala- 1/2 tsp
- Paneer- 250 gms cut into small cubes
- Ginger- 1 tsp crushed
- Fresh Coriander(dhania) leaves-chopped
- Put chopped tomatoes,crushed ginger,cloves and 1/2 cup of water in deep sauce pan.Cook at low flame till it tenders.Keep aside to cool it down.
- When cooled put the mixture in the mixer and blend it.Strain to get the tomato puree.
- Heat butter in deep frying pan.Add paneer cubes and shallow fry till it turns light pink.Keep aside
- Dissolve cornflour in 1/4 cup of water and mix well.
- Add this paste in tomato puree and cook in frying pan at low flame.When the puree starts boiling,mix sugar,salt,red chilli powder and garam masala.Cook for 5 minutes.
- Add paneer and cook for few seconds.Turn off the flame.
|Saucy Paneer is about to be ready to taste|
- Garnish with cream and coriander leaves in saucy paneer.
- Serve hot with paratha and naan.
|Tasty Saucy Paneer|