Now get ready for a yummy breakfast that your kids may just love...
- Suji 150 gms (1 cup)
- Roasted peanuts 50 gms
- Water 2 cups
- Milk 1 cup
- Salt to taste
- Garam masala 1/2 tsp
- Green chilli 4 pcs [finely chopped]
- Ginger small piece [grated]
- Coriander leaves 2 tbps [finely chopped]
- Ghee/refined oil to fry
- Heat slightly ghee/oil in a deep pan.
- Add suji and fry for 2-3 mins on low flame.Ensure that suji 's colour is not changed.. Add salt.
- Add water & milk to the suji in the pan. Keep on stirring.
- When the mixture turns into dough,close the flame and let the mixture cool.
- Now mix it manually to make the dough smooth.
- Grind the roasted peanuts in a mixer.
- Mix the ground peanuts,coriander leaves,green chilly,ginger and garam masala. Mix well.Add this mixture to the suji dough and again mix well.
- Make small balls of the dough.You may change its shape into heart or oval or any other shape your kids may fancy!
- Take suji in a plate,spread it and roll all the balls into it.Keep aside.
- Heat refined oil in the deep pan.
- Now deep fry one ball and see it does not break.If so,deep fry 3-4 balls at a time till they turn light brown.
- In case the ball founds breaking,prepare a thick solution of maida [2 tbps] & water [1/2 cup],then dip the balls into it and deep fry.It happens when dough is not prepared properly.
- Serve hot with tomato sauce, or, chutney of coriander or mint.