There are many kinds of Kachaudies which are very popular in nearly all parts of India--as a snack in breakfast or in meals. Chane ke daal ki Kachaudi is more tasty and in demand.
- Bengal gram 1 cup
[chane ki daal]
- Wheat flour 2 cup
- Green chilli 3-4 pieces
- Ginger 1 small piece
- Green coriander leaves 1small bunch
- Cumin seed 1/2 tsp
- Black pepper corn 7-8pieces
- Black cardamom 2 pieces
- Green cardamom 2-4 pieces
- Cloves 5-6 pieces
- Red chilli powder 1/4 tsp
- Ghee 3tbsp
- Oil for fry 2cup
- Salt to taste
- Chop finely green chilly,coriander leaves and ginger.
- Soak the chana daal for 6 -7 hours. Wash thoroughly and grind soaked chana daal along with ginger,cumin seeds, black & green cardamom, black pepper and cloves to get a smooth paste.
- Heat 1 tsp oil in a pan. Add channa daal paste, chopped green chilly & red chilli, salt, chopped green coriander leaves. Mix thoroughly. Saute for 5-6 minutes. When paste gets dried,close the flame.
- Filling paste is ready.
- Add warm ghee and salt to the wheat flour, mix well.Knead to a smooth,soft and little loose dough as is made for chapati.
- Make small balls of wheat flour dough of equal sizes.
- Take one ball, place it on a rolling board,press with palm and roll out a little.
- Take it in one palm, place one spoon of daal paste in middle and close from all sides.
- Now put it back on rolling board and roll it
lightly with rolling pin so that daal does not breach.
- Meanwhile heat oil in a deep fry pan on high flame.
- When steaming hot, deep fry the roll till light brown.Fry on both sides.
- Repeat the process with other balls.
Eat it as snack with green coriander chutney or pickle at tea time,or,in meals.