Methi or the Fenugreek is regarded as a powerful herb.The benefits of fenugreek leaves or its seeds include its various usages,varying from its culinary usages to medicinal properties.Medicinal usages include cholestrol control,diabities,skin problem,indigestion and much more.Its seeds as well as leaves are important spice.Its dried leaves [kasuri methi] are used as flavouring for potato curries etc.
In the present recipe,dry leaves [kasuri methi] have been used with little fried boiled-potatoes.My family and our aquaintances just love it!
|Fenugreek [kasuri methi]|
- Boiled potatoes- 5-6 pieces (medium)
- Dry fenugreek leaves(kasuri methi)- 1/2 cup
- Fenugreek seeds(methi dana)- 1/4 tsp
- Turmeric powder-1/2 tsp
- Red chilli powder-1/4 tsp
- Coriander powder- 1 tsp
- Garam masala powder- 1/2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Mustard oil- 1 tbsp
- Heat oil in deep frying pan on high flame and add fenugreek seeds in pan.
- When seeds turn red,add potato pieces,mix & stir them for a few seconds.
- Sprinkle turmeric powder,red chilli powder and coriander powder.Saute them until all is mixed well and fried.
- Filter the fenugreek leaves and add to potato mixture.Saute again until all is mixed well.