The palak [spinach] is a good source of iron,omega fatty acid and many other nutrients.Though people do not prefer it due to taste.No need to mention about nutrition value and taste of gosht [mutton].So let us club two great nutrients to find a very tasty recipe!
- Palak [Spinach] 500 gm
- Dry garam masala
- Red chili power
- Poppy seeds
- Refined oil 4 tsp
- Salt 2 tsp
For palak vegetable:
- Onion 4 medium
- Green chili 4
- Water 4 cup
- Dry garam masala 1 tsp
- Red chili 4 pieces
- Bay leaves [tej patta] 2 piecce
- Pure ghee 4 tbsp
Soak poppy seeds in normal water for 1/2 hour.
Beat the curd.
Wash palak with running cold water thoroughly and grind.
Prepare mixture for marination.Grind soaked poppy seeds,ginger pieces,garlic cloves and onion pieces.Add turmeric powder,red chili powder,refined oil,salt,garam masala and beaten curd.Mix well.Add mutton pieces, mix well and leave for 4 hours for marination.
- Heat ghee in a pressure cooker.Add red chili and bay leaves. Fry for a few seconds.
- Now add the remaining onion and fry till it turns transparent.
- Add marinated mutton,mix and fry on high flame.Keep stirring till water, oozed from mutton, is dried up.
- Add ground palak .Mix well. Fry the mixture until oil starts oozing from it.
- Now add water and put lid on cooker.
- Cook for two whistles and then for 10 minutes on low flame.Let the pressure release.Open the lid and check if mutton is cooked.If not,repeat the process for one whistle.