Getting bored of cooking mutton or chicken in cooker ? Want to try differently for a great taste ? Then grab a kadai,get raw materials and rush to your kitchen !! Only you and family members may have to wait a bit longer to enjoy it,but but you know patience pays...
- Mutton- 500 gm [boneless (or soft pieces) of throat (or chest) part of goat]
- Yogurt-1 cup
- Onion- 3 finely cut
- Onion- 1 cut into square pcs
- Capsicum- 2 pieces [medium size]cut into square pieces
- Raw papaya- 1 big piece
- Almond- 5-6 pc
- Clove- 3 pcs
- Bay leaves [tejpatta]- 2 pcs
- Mace[javitri]- 2 pcs
- Black cardamom- 2 pcs
- Black pepper 1/4 tsp
- Cardamom- 5 pcs
- Cumin seeds- 1 tsp
- Ginger [finely cut]- 1 tbsp
- Salt to the taste
- Red chilly powder- 1 tsp
- Mustard oil- 2-4 tbsp
- Deshi ghee- 2 tbsp
- Green coriander [finely cut]- 4 tbsp
- Poppy seeds- 2 tsp
- Garam masala- 1/2 tsp
- At first mutton is to be marinated.Mix mutton with yogurt,papaya & salt. Mix well as each piece is wrapped in the paste. Marination may take 40-45 minutes.Water will be oozed during marination,do not throw it.
- Separately mix ground almond,khaskhas,clove,mace,black cardamom,cardamom,black pepper,coconut paste,ginger and onion so that the paste is prepared.
- Heat oil in a kadhai [heavy bottomed].
- Fry bay leaf for a few seconds and add marinated mutton. Fry on low flame till residual water is dried up.
- Shift mutton to another pot.
- Add ghee to the residual oil in the kadhai. Heat for a few seconds.Add cumin seeds,red chilli powder and the prepared paste.Fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Add fried mutton and water.Fry on low flame and keep stirring from time to time till the mutton becomes tender.
- Now add capsicum and square pieces of onion.Saute for 2-3 minutes.Add garam masala and mix well.Cover the kadhai with a lid.Keep flame low.Wait for 2 minutes.
Mutton kadhai is ready.
Garnish with green coriander leaves before serving.It is a hot dish,so serve hot!
Ideal company: nan or rumali roti and jeera [cumin] rice.