Shalooli Tikki is a nutritious product of shaljam and mooli,as main ingredients and other vegetables.
- Turnip (shaljam) 2 piece(medium size)
- Radish(mooli) 1 piece (medium size)
- Carrot 2 or 3 pieces (medium size)
- Onion 1 small piece
- Ginger 1 small piece
- Garlic 3-5 flakes
- Cinnamon Stick 1 small piece
- Mace(Javitri) 2 small piece
- Green chilli 2-3 pieces
- Garam masala 1/4 tsp
- Coriander leaves 1 bunch
- Salt to taste
- Oil 2 tbsp
- Roasted gram powder 1 tbsp
- Cornflour 1tbsp
- Take a deep pan or cooker,add grated vegetables,cinnamon stick,garlic and javitri. Boil it for 15 to 20 minutes or 1 whistle.
- Cool it,then strain extra water. Squeeze it so that water is drained out from the mixture totally.
- Add to the above mixture salt,garam masala,roasted gram powder and cornflour and mix. Make a smooth dough.
- Make small balls of similar size from the dough.
- Take one ball,keep it on one palm,flatten it with another palm,hollow it in middle and fill it with some chopped onion and Coriander. Mould it into a ball again,press lightly in middle giving shape of patty with care so that mixture does not come out of ball. Keep aside.
- Repeat the process with other balls.
- Now heat a flat pan,spread 1 tsp oil on the surface. Keep 4-5 Patties at a time on the pan.
- Cook both sides till golden brown.