Let us have a change of taste.Let us have a break from meals,breakfast or even purchased bakery edibles...So prepare a home made fruit cake and surprise the family members & friends!
- Refined flour [maida] 150 gm
- Egg 2
- Caster sugar 125 gm
- White butter or ghee 75 ml/gm
- Baking powder 1/4 tsp
- Vanilla essence 1 tsp
- Sugar 30 gm
- Lemonjuice 1 tsp
2. Cut the cashew nut & almonds into fine pieces and keep aside.
- Cashew nut 10 pieces
- Almond 10 pieces
- Cherry 10-15 pieces
- Currant 50 gm
- Tutti fruity 2 tbspOther items:
- Milk 1cup
- Honey 1tbs
- At first mix maida [refined flour] & baking powder and filter 2-3 times.
- Wash all the dry fruits except cashew nut and cut them in equal
- sizes.Spread them on a napkin to dry.Then mix them into maida mixture.
- Separately,prepare enamel colour with help of water,lemon juice and sugar.
- Beat both the eggs in a clean bowl.Then mix vanilla essence and caramel colour.
- Now add gradually the beaten egg mixture to mixture of white butter & sugar.
- Now,mix dry fruit to mixture of maida & baking powder.Now add this mixture gradually one spoon at a time to mixture of beaten egg and keep on beating regularly [make sure] till all the mixture is used.If this batter is getting thick enough to obstruct beating,then add 1 tbsp of milk.
- Now the cake batter is ready.
- Either apply butter or ghee on the bottom of mould or spread a butter paper over the bottom of mould.Mould may be of any shape or size.
- Next folding process is done with the batter.Add honey and pour the batter into cake mould.Over it spread pieces of almond,cashew nut and cherry.
Preheat the oven,put the mould in it and bake at 120 degree centigrade for about 20 minutes.
- After baking is over,take the mould out,put it on the wire rack and cool it.