Why to depend upon bakeries when we can prepare our own!!!!
Here is a recipe for a delicious & tasty cake which is easy to bake & liked by all...
- Flour[ maida ]- 120 gm
- Sugar- 115 gm
- White butter- 55 gm
- Baking powder- 1/4 tsp
- Vanilla Essence- 3 to 4 drops
- Lemon Yellow Colour- 2 to 5 drops(food grade)
- Egg- 3pcs
- Apple Jam- 100 gm
- Red Colour- 2 to 3 drops(food grade)
- Dry Coconut Powder- 10 gm
- Cherry- 30 gm
- Filter/sift the flour along with baking powder 2 or 3 times.
- Grind the sugar.
- Separate white and yellow [yolk] of each egg in different bowls.Then take all the white in a bowl and beat it till it becomes fluffy. Add sugar gradually to it in small quantities and keep whisking till all the sugar is mixed well & the paste becomes soft,white,very light and fluffy.
- Now add the flour mix gradually in small quantities to white egg & sugar paste and blend lightly.
- Separately, add essence and color in the yolks and beat mixture well together.
- The above flour mixture is added to the yolk mixture and fold with the help of palate knife moving in the design of digit 8.Then cool melted butter is added to it and mixed well.Now the cake batter is ready.
- Grease the Madeleine mold with a little butter,then 2/3rd of cake batter is poured in mold.Now Madeleine mold is arranged in the baking tray.
- Put the baking tray in the preheated oven, heat at 198 degree centigrade for 12 to 15 minutes till it is baked.To check,insert a tooth pick in the center of the cake and draw back.If it comes clean the cake is baked.
- After baking, the prepared cake is cooled on the wire rack.
- Then brush the tops and sides of each cake with thin jam layer and roll each one in coconut powder.
- Stick one piece of cherry in the center of each cake with the help of jam.