Hello friends,NEW YEAR has begun with new expectations,hopes and ambitions.I wish all of my friend bloggers,well wishers & people, at large, a very very happy,healthy & yummy 2013.May God fulfill everyone's wishes!!!!!!!!
To have a malaidar start this year,here is recipe of spicy,mouthwatering Malai Kofta to suit a Winter Meals!!!!
300 gms Paneer is required in all.
Paneer: 250 gms(grated)
Boiled Potatoes: 2 pcs(medium size)
Maida(plain flour) or Corn flour: 2 tbsp
Black pepper powder(kali mirch): 1/4 tsp
Salt: 1/2 tsp
Oil: 1 tbsp
Green chilli: 1 pc(finely chopped)
Coriander leaves(Dhania): 1 tbsp(finely chopped)
Ginger: 1/4 inch(grated)
Almonds: 10 pcs(finely chopped)
Raisins(kishamish): 15 pcs
Cashew-nuts(kaju): 5 pcs crushed
Melon seeds: 1 tsp
salt: 1/4 tsp
Red Chilli Powder: 1/4 tsp
Onions: 6 pcs(finely sliced)
Cashew-nuts(kaju): 10-12 pcs
Almonds: 5 pcs
Fresh Coconut: 2 inch long
Poppy seeds(posta dana): 1 tbsp(soak in water for 1-2 hours)
Fresh Curd: 1/4 cup
Tomato puree: 1/2 cup
Milk: 1/2 cup
Water: 1/2 cup
Oil: 6 tbsp
Salt to taste
Ginger: 1/2 inch
Red chilli Powder: 3/4 tsp
Garam masala: 1/4 tsp
Paneer: 1 tbsp(grated)
Coriander leaves: 1 tbsp(finely chopped)
Beaten Cream(malai): 2 tbsp
- Mash paneer with fingers.
- Heat 1 tbsp of oil in frying pan.Add meshed paneer and all other ingredients of the filling.Mix well and Keep aside.
- Kneed the grated paneer well,till the grains disappear.
- Mix boiled potatoes with paneer. Kneed to smoothen the mixture.
- Add maida or corn flour,black pepper and salt to the mixture.Mix well and kneed for some more time.
- Divide the dough in 12 parts and make balls of them.
- Flaten each ball,put 1 tsp filling in each and shape them in balls again.
- Heat 4 tbsp of oil in deep frying pan on high flame.Deep fry each ball till they turn golden brown.Now koftas are ready.Keep them and residual oil aside.
- Grind half of onion pieces,poppy seeds and ginger to make paste.
- Heat the residual oil.Fry the rest of onion pieces till they turn pink or transparent,then add cashew-nuts,coconut and almonds and fry till they turn golden brown.Take out and keep aside to cool.
- When the above mixture is cooled,grind it with 1/4 cup of water.
- Add 2 tbsp of oil in residual oil and heat it.Add ginger-onion paste and cook till it turns golden brown.
- Add beaten curd,red chilli powder and cook the mixture till it turns golden brown.
- Add tomato puree and cook on low flame till oil separates.
- Add cashew-onion paste and cook for 2-3 minutes again.
- Add milk and 1/4 cup of water to get a thick gravy.
- Add salt and garam masala.Boil this mixture for 3-4 minutes.
- Before serving put the koftas in gravy and heat for a few seconds.
- Garnish with grated paneer,beaten cream and coriander leaves.Serve hot with naan.