Fasting is an act of religious faith.People observe it with commitment and deserve special respect.This blog endeavours to make their dinner somewhat tasty.Aloo Ki Kadhi is such a dish.However this dish can be used on other occasions too.
- Aloo [potato] 500 gm
- Curd 500 gm
- Ginger 1" piece
- Green chilli 4-5 pieces
- Green coriander leaves 1 small bunch
- Black pepper powder 1 tbsp
- Turmeric powder 1/2 tsp
- Asafoetida [hing] 2 pinch
- Cumin seeds [Jeera] 1/4 tsp
- Rock salt [sendha namak] to taste
- Pure ghee 2 tsp
- [Note:For other than fasting,normal salt and dry garam masala powder [1 tsp ]can be used.]
Serves 06 persons.
- Mash partially the boiled potatoes into small pieces.
- Beat the curd.
- Chop the chili,ginger and green coriander leaves into fine pieces.
- Heat oil in a pan and add hing & cumin seeds,Fry till cumin seeds turn dark brown,Add chilli and ginger pieces & fry slightly.
- Add mashed potato & turmeric powder,and fry till it turns light brownish.
- Add beaten curd, pepper powder and rock salt.
- Cook on low flame till the mixture boils,and, curd & potato are mixed..Close the flame.
- Garnish with green coriander leaves.