kathal pulao,pakodas, etc. Here is a recipe for pakodas,a tasty snack or spicy companion for meals .
- Raw Jack fruit 1/2 Kg
- Rice 1cup
- Gram flour (besan) 1/2cup
- Ginger 1 small piece
- Garlic 6-8 flakes
- Green chilli 5-7 pieces
- Garam masala 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric powder 1/2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Oil 3/4 cup
- Peel jackfruit [ katahal ] and cut into small pieces.If seeds are hard remove them.
- Wash rice and soak in water for 2-3 hours.
- Grind soaked rice,garlic,ginger and green chilli in the mixer to make a smooth paste.
- Boil jack fruit in the cooker. As soon as pressure is built up,close the flame and cool it
- Drain water and keep jack fruit aside in steel strainer.
|Gram flour Mixture|
- Mix well gram flour,turmeric powder,garam masala and salt in above rice paste.Gram flour mixture for pakoda is ready.
- Heat oil in deep fry pan .
- Dip boiled jack fruit in the rice paste,one piece at a time, ensure it is well wrapped with paste.
- Drop it in pan and fry till golden brown.
- Repeat the process with other pieces.
- Fry 3-4 pieces at a time.
- Keep pakodas in butter paper on a plate.
Serve crisp hot pakodas with mint or coriander chutney,or,tomato/chilli sauce.
|Yummy Pakode !|