- Chicken 500 gm
- Curd 250 ml
- Garlic 6-7 cloves
- Ginger 1 medium piece
- Black pepper 1 tsp
- Green chillies 3-4
- Coriander leaves 25 gm
- Red chilli powder 1/4 tsp
- Turmeric powder 1/4 tsp
- Garam masala 1/2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Refined oil or Ghee 2-3 tbsp
- Peel off garlic clove
- Cut ginger into small pieces.
- Crush [dardara] the black pepper.
- Wash the chicken.Make deep cuts on its surface at various places.Make paste of curd,salt,crushed black pepper,turmeric powder, green chillies,ginger & garlic.Process it well in a mixer.
- .Apply this mixture on the chicken pieces so that each piece and every part of it is well covered.
2. Chop finely the coriander leaves.
- Heat oil or ghee in a heavy bottomed pan.
- Add all the pieces of marinated chicken,and garam masala,mix well and saute uniformly for 5-6 minutes on high heat till the chicken turns light brown.
- Add marinade,left in the pot of marinated chicken,to the pan and mix well.Cover the pan and lower the flame.
- Cook for about 10 minutes or until the chicken is tender.When the colour of gravy changes to golden.Close the flame
The Curd chicken is ready.
Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and serve hot.