More than often,on a holiday,especially in rainy season or winter,the family members seek something special and spicy non veg dish in lunch or dinner.The dilemma before the house lady is to satisfy the seekers with a matching reicpe.May the keema kaleji serve the purpose!!!!!
- Keema [minced mutton] 250 gm
- Kaleji(Mutton Liver) 250 gm(small square pieces or can be cut so conveniently after boiling)
- Onion 4 medium
- Tomato 2 pcs
- Garlic 7-8 cloves
- Ginger 10 gm
- Green peas 100 gm
- Green Chili 3-4
- Garam masala 1 tsp
- Black cardamom 2 pc
- Tej patta [bay leaf] 2 pcs
- Green cardamom 2 pcs
- Clove 5-6 pcs
- Black pepper 1 tsp
- Coriander leaves 1 bunch
- Coriander powder 2 tbsp
- Cinnamon 1 stick
- Red chili powder 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Oil [preferably mustard oil] 4 tbsp
- Curd 1 cup
|Keema [minced mutton]|
- Clean well the minced meat and kaleji.
- Chop finely the onions lengthwise.
- Chop green chili into fine pieces.
- Cut ginger length wise.
- Chop the tomato into small pieces.
- Grate the black pepper.
- Prepare paste of ginger [5 gm] & garlic.
- Prepare a solution of red chili powder,turmeric powder & coriander powder in 1/4 cup of water.
- In case of frozen peas,soak it in hot water for 10 minutes.
- Take kaleji in a cooker.Add 1/2 tsp of turmeric powder and 1/4 tsp of salt.Boil for 10 minutes.This way the kaleji becomes spongy and loses unpleasant smell.
- When pressure in cooker is released,drain liquid from the cooker and shift the contents to a separate pot.
- Wash the cooker and heat it.Add 4 tbsp oil, heat it for a few seconds and add cinnamon stick,bay leaf grated black pepper,green & black cardamom,cloves.Fry for 2-3 seconds.Add onion slices and saute till it turns golden.
- Add paste of garlic & ginger as well as solution of turmeric powder,red chili powder & coriander powder and salt.Mix well and fry till oil starts oozing from the mixture.
- Add keema and fry till oil starts oozing.Now add kaleji and curd.Fry by stirring from time to time till the mixture becomes dry.
- Add tomato, green peas and garam masala.Saute till tomato becomes tender & is mixed with other contents.
- Add 1 cup of water [add 2 cups to get gravy],close the lid and cook on high flame for 10 minutes till 1 whistle.Close the flame.
- When pressure is released,open the lid and the dish is ready.
- Garnish with green coriander pieces,green chili pieces and grated ginger.
Ideal companion: Rumali roti,nan or paratha.